- Mission trips- Once or twice a year we sponsor people to travel to disaster areas both in the US and abroad to rebuild homes and schools and offer a friendly, consoling presence to those who are hurting.
- Roseville Food Kitchen- On the last Monday of the month, we’re in charge of preparing and serving up lunch to those in need at the First United Methodist Church in Roseville. Any one is welcome to work with us.
- Gathering Inn—At FUMC Loomis, we support the Gathering Inn, and open our facilities on a regular basis to people in our community in need of a meal and place to spend the night. The Gathering Inn is the preeminent program serving the homeless of Placer County, providing services 365 days a year. Comprehensive services address the mental health, addiction, employment, medical, dental, and basic needs of the homeless throughout the day with on-site programs.
As part of The Gathering Inn’s collaboration with the community, about 40 congregations open their hearts and doors to support the homeless every night of the year providing food, shelter, and respect. FUMC Loomis is one.
- Kenya Project-We’re working to feed, educate, and support the next generation of Kenyan leaders in our 10 year project with the people of Nyalinda, Kenya. Our offerings have created a school, dormitories, chicken coop, and birthing center to house many of the poor children in the area. Each is fed, clothed, and given the opportunity for education.
Ministry Opportunities in our Congregation
There are so many ways to give your gifts of leadership, presence, compassion and creativity in our church. We always welcome people to participate in the following ways or maybe you’ll think of something new!
- Communion Stewards take the elements to the homebound once a month.
- Caring Ministers are the first response team in helping those who hurt find companionship and the help they need.
- Stephen Ministers accompany folk on the long road to recovery from losing a spouse, losing a job, divorce, or major health issues. These ministers go through a 50 hour training to learn active listening skills.
- Helping Hands volunteers provide meals, transportation or a friendly face when you need it.
- Youth group counselors-No better way to help our youth feel connected, loved, and embraced by the church than to have caring adults surrounding them. Always room for one more adult volunteer!
- Liturgist-Help in worship with reading Scripture and leading prayers.
- Greeters-Meet new people and guide them through their first Sunday morning among us. Help them feel welcome!
- Ministry Team service-Opportunties to plan events, programs, or meet the needs of a growing congregation exist in a wide variety of ministry teams. Subscribe to the Lantern Newsletter to learn more about these opportunities.
- Choir practice for our traditional service is held Thursday evenings at 7:15PM. Anyone is welcome to come and sing with them!
- Celebration! Music Team-Play an instrument and like spirit filled music? This group meets monthly and always welcomes new musicians. Call the office at 652-0469 for rehearsal time.