Connect with the First United Methodist Church of Loomis family through bible study, group meetings, fellowship events, and so much more.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES FOR BIBLE STUDIES – every Sunday at 9:00 and 10:15AM
- OTHER BIBLE STUDIES – The Pastor’s Bible Study group meets at 10:30 am on Tuesdays in the Nisei Chapel. Drop ins are most welcome. Pastor Maggie McNaught facilitates the discussion. In addition, there is an additional class on Monday’s at 6:30 P.M. in the Nisei Chapel.
Small Group Meetings
There are numerous small groups that meet at different times. The groups are between four and eight people. The discussions are based on the previous week’s sermon or other topic. The questions for each week are in the bulletin.
A women’s only Alcoholics Anonymous group gathers at the church. Call the church office at 652-0469 for specific time and place.
Marriage And Family Education Classes
Our church is committed to supporting couples with opportunities to improve communication skills, rekindle intimacy, deal with conflict, learn problem solving skills—all essential for creating a long lasting, exciting marriage. We also recognize the need to support those raising families and encourage families to learn skills that lead to family wellness.
Senior Life Center
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, the Senior LIFE Center gathers on our campus for fellowship, sewing and quilting classes, art classes, exercise programs, and special speakers and programs concentrating on the needs of our seniors. SPECIAL SPEAKERS SERIES: Coming up on Thursdays in October is “Brain Gain,” learning ways of keeping our brains active and fit will convene. Join us at noon for a delicious and nutritious lunch MORE. Others in our Special Speakers Series have included “Coming Fully Alive as You Age.” This is a great way to learn about interesting issues and to meet folk from all over South Placer County. Directors Fred Hitchens and Acsa Hitchens can be reached at 773-1554. Or for more information check out the website at:www.loomisseniorlifecenter.com
Get involved in our music ministery. Our choir sings at the Traditional Service and rehearses on Thursdays at 7:15PM. Anyone who loves to sing is invited. Contact the church office for more information. Our Praise Music Team sings/plays at the 9am Sunday service and reheasals on every other Wednesday night at 7PM. Contact the church office for more information.
Opportunities for fellowship allow people to gather together and form close friendships.
- POTLUCKS – Brings a dish to share and join us! Check out our events section to find out when the next potluck is.
- SPECIAL EVENTS occur throughout the year. Our Heritage Dinner on the first Saturday in March is an annual tradition. Family Camp, annual fundrasing auction, the Halloween party for families in October, talent shows, Holy Week activities, and Vacation Bible School all help to bring us together. Keep up date on what’s happening next by subscribing to our Lantern Newsletter.
- COME TO THE TABLE – Adults sign up to host monthly dinners for groups of 6 to 8. We take turns organizing a meal at each others homes. You’ll meet Each month the groups are shuffled so the opportunity exists to meet many new people throughout the year.